This Saturday (May 20th), we’ll be holding a special three-hour Career Crash Course for Graduating Seniors. You’ll receive step-by-step guidance through the following essentials:
· Deciding which professional options are right for you
· Writing an effective resume that gets the attention of employers
· Preparing for a job interview
· Structuring your job search to make the most of your time
You have one of two dates to choose from: May 20th or June 3rd. Space is limited for this free, hands-on seminar, so don’t wait! Register today at: http://bit.ly/2pMayaB
WHAT: Career Crash Course for Graduating Seniors
WHO: Graduating Seniors in GSS and other select programs (ES, PS, EC, SOC, and GEOG)
WHEN: Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm on either May 20th or June 3rd
WHERE: Willamette 110 at the University of Oregon
HOW: Registration required*: http://bit.ly/2pMayaB
(*deadlines to register: May 19th at 3pm or June 3rd at 3 pm)
UO Career Week is May 1st – 5th!!!
Career Week and PLENTY of options for you and your busy schedule · Need help making sure you look like a Rockstar on paper? Make sure to stop by our Drop In Hours this week and chat with one of our expert counselors.
· Real employers. Real conversations. Right here on campus. Sign up for interviews during career fair week. Upcoming events
· Diversity Career Night Join us for Diversity Career Night to connect with local and regional employers interested in talking with you! Make sure to check out our Instagram @uocareercenter to see who will be our guest speaker.
· New to a fair? New to networking? Need a buddy to help you? We got you covered. Make sure to sign up for our Backstage Pass Tour
· Need a Career Fair Buddy? Stop by our Career Center table anytime throughout the day to have a Career Fair Buddy help you navigate the fair!
· Make sure to download the Be A Duck App to help you navigate the fair!
· Spring Career Fair 2017! Last large fair of the year.
· Following up is key. Make sure to come by our Drop-In Advising for help in following up with all the employers you met earlier this week.
Looking for a part time job? Have work study. Drop your resume by the Career Center and apply for our front desk student worker positions!
If you have any additional questions please visit the: Career Center
International Student Career Night is tonight, Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 5:30 pm
At International Student Career Night you will get important networking experience with real professionals and hear from international alumni! Start planning your search for a summer internship, post-program work, or other professional pursuits at this event!
Registration is required and spots are limited: http://survey.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cvbGMLhhxtPzIUd
Dress code is business casual: Please see here for examples.
Please be prepared to network with professionals, learn from a panel of alumni and professionals, and come hungry as we will be providing food and refreshments.
We are excited to see you at the second annual International National Student Career Night!
Bart Kassel, ISCA Manager & Career Adviser
Career Center, Division of Student Life
University of Oregon
1408 University Street/220 Hendricks Hall, Eugene, Oregon 97403-1200
Study Abroad or Interning Abroad – Summer, Fall, or Academic Year 2017-2018 Scholarship Opportunities
I wanted to make sure you are aware of the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship. It is a great scholarship that is awarded to over 2,300 students each year who are studying abroad and are currently receiving the Pell Grant as part of their federal financial aid. The Gilman scholarship is up to $5,000 (or up to $8,000 for those studying a critical need language while abroad.
The application deadline is: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 by 9:59 PM Pacific Time (11:59 PM Central Time).
ELIGIBILITY: • Undergraduate students
- U.S. citizens only
- Planning to study abroad in summer 2017, fall 2017, or academic year 2017-2018
- Receiving a Pell Grant or provide proof of receiving a Pell Grant during the term of study abroad/internship abroad
More information about eligibility and the application process can be found on the Gilman website at: www.iie.org/GILMAN
We have an upcoming Gilman workshop covering application tips on:
Monday, Feb. 13, 2017
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM
There is also an upcoming webinar on Wednesday, February 15, 2017, 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PST: Meet Gilman Alumni
In addition, our scholarships advisor Chin Yi Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I are available to meet with students to review essays, answer questions, and discuss the application process. Putting together a competitive application for Gilman takes a few rounds of revisions, and our team of advisors can help students with this process. Students can call the Office of International Affairs at 541-346-3207 to set up an advising appointment, or email me at any time with questions.
Study Abroad Programs Assistant
Study Abroad Scholarships Assistant
Global Education Oregon
333 Oregon Hall
5209 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-5209
Considering Law School? There are a number of events and opportunities coming up soon!
Law School Fair, 11/7/16 –Monday, Nov 7, 10 am – 2 pm in EMU Ballroom – Over 60 law schools from across the country will be in attendance. Connect with law school representatives to understand what law schools seek in their applicants and how to create a competitive application. Law school admissions panel starts at 10 am. (More info)
· Law school info sessions – for students considering law school or planning to apply, there are two upcoming info sessions:
o Considering Law School – Wednesday, Oct 12, 12-1 pm in 195 Anstett Hall – Get a sense of what law schools look for in applicants, how to finance a legal education, and hear from current law students’ experiences
o Applying to Law School – Wednesday, Oct 26 at 12-1 pm in 360 Oregon Hall – Review components of a competitive law school application, including an effective personal statement, and avoid common application pitfalls
· Law school visits/open houses
o UO Law Open House – October 18th, 4-7 pm at the Law School – Attend a mock law class, explore program options and student life, and learn about the application process. RSVP at email@example.com
o Willamette University Mock Class – October 25th, 5-7 pm at 104 EMU (Coquille Room) – Hear about the application process at Willamette University, attend a mock law class, and get connected with faculty from Willamette.
Interested in internships, community service, employment, or global internships? Click here for a list of opportunities for earning credit toward internships and community service.
Click here to begin your search for employment, internships or volunteer work in Oregon.
Would you rather search more broadly? Do you have a specific geographic location in mind? Click here to search the UO Career Center’s Job and Internship databases.
Click here for a list of employment and internships in the United States and upload your resume.