Skip to Content

Become a Major

person entering room with sign on wall, "you belong here"

Need to add or drop General Social Sciences as a major? Or change your GSS Concentration?

Fill out a GSS Change Major Form

After your request form has been submitted, the change will be processed and applied to your UO Degree Guide within 2-3 weeks. We recommend that you check your UO Degree Guide to verify the update to your major.

If you do not see the correct changes applied within 3 weeks, or if you have questions about your major, please send us an email at

Newly declared GSS majors should also review the GSS Concentration Sheet Check-Off List, available on our website.

Finding GSS Courses

Need help finding GSS courses? Check out or Academic Resources page for guides on how search the class schedule for GSS courses, including courses within specific concentrations and group-satisfying courses.

Skip to toolbar