To enroll in the major or meet with an advisor, sign up for a 20-30 minute advising appointment on the online scheduling calendar (SSC Campus) below or attend drop in office hours for GSS Adviser & Program Coordinator Gretchen L. Hill-Marino, M.A., Academic & Career Adviser Ryan Smith, M.S., or Director Professor Reuben Zahler.
Making an Advising Appointment with your Academic/Career Adviser:
We recommend Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Log into SSC Campus: https://uo.campus.eab.com/
- Enter your duck ID and password
- Click on the blue button on the upper right-hand corner of the screen “Get Academic Advising”
- Choose “I have a declared major” or “I want to declare, change, or add a major” from the drop down menu. Then select what you would like to meet about.
- Select “General Social Sciences” as your department.
- Select your advisor (or click next to see all appointment options):
At the time of your scheduled appointment, meet your adviser in their office. Office locations listed below.
See available office hours and office locations listed below.
Gretchen Hill-Marino, M.A. (in PLC 338 (check-in)):
By appointment only: Mondays and Thursdays 1:00 – 3:00 pm
Drop-in: Wednesdays 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Week of September 17th – Drop in office hours – Thursday, September 20 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Ryan Smith, M.S. (in PLC 338 (check-in)):
By appointment only: Varies – See online calendar
Drop-in: Wednesdays 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
*No office hours: Thursday, August 30 – Friday, September 21
Professor Reuben Zahler (in McKenzie Hall 307):
By appointment only:
- Week of September 17th – Drop in office hours (PLC 338) – Thursday, September 20 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Current majors are encouraged to meet with an adviser at least once a year to confirm that appropriate progress is being made toward completion of the degree.
Graduating majors are required to meet with their adviser during the first term of the year they plan to graduate. This gives us an opportunity to confirm your progress toward your degree and discuss career plans.
*Interested in your academic progress towards graduation? Check out the GSS Undergraduate page or the Academic Resources page to learn How to Read Your Degree Audit , use the GSS Concentration Sheet Check Off List, and/or the GSS 1-Year Academic Plan Sheet.