Commencement is HERE – Preparation for 2019 Commencement
2019 Commencement Preparation for Students
Date: Monday, June 17, 2019
Time: Student Arrival at 3:00 pm; 3:30 Students line up
Location: Students Meet at EMU Room 023
(Mallard Room/Lease Crutcher Lewis Room) – click here for map to room
Ceremony Begins: 4:00 pm
1. The Student Instructions sheet (expected time of arrival, length of ceremony, ceremony expectations (i.e., registration, procession, seating, etc.), refreshments).
2. Family and Guest Seating: will be located on the EMU Green (East Lawn). Seating is open seating (first come, first serve). ADA has separate seating, marked accordingly.
3. GSS Commencement page (details of event).
4. GSS program PDF (student names; order of events)
4. The GSS FAQ commencement page (questions about the event, color of tassel, etc.).
5. UO Parking and Shuttle information (FREE parking at Autzen Stadium with shuttle to 13th Avenue in front of Matthew Knight Arena and the corner of 15th and University Street – across the street from EMU commencement site- and ADA parking (i.e., wheelchair, trouble walking, etc.) is located in the Columbia Garage with transportation to EMU commencement site).
6. Map to EMU from Autzen Stadium. For Commencement on June 17, 13th Avenue from University Street East to Franklin Boulevard and Matthew Knight Arena will be closed for the Commencement Procession.
7. Map of EMU ceremony site, with set up and directions, is located here.
8. Monday’s weather is expected to be mostly sunny and 83 degrees. But this is Eugene, so have your guests plan accordingly. At 4:00 pm the sun’s angle will be directly overhead…please bring and wear sunblock, bring hand fans, and/or hats, if needed. Umbrellas are discouraged due to blocking guests’ view, but guests can use them while not seated.
9. Alumni Association: To learn more about the UO Alumni Association, visit alumni.uoregon.edu.
10. Career Center News: “Congratulations on your graduation! Whether you are headed to graduate school, landed a job, or are still defining your next steps, we’d like to know what’s next for you. Please take a few minutes in completing your Senior Outcomes Survey. In addition to providing the University of Oregon with a snapshot of your graduating class, this information also allows us to better support you in your post-graduation plans. https://career.uoregon.edu/senior-survey Congratulations on your graduation, and thank you for sharing your future plans with us!”
11. Donate Cap & Gown: If you don’t have a use for your cap and gown after commencement, please consider donating it to your future GSS alumni. Please drop off your regalia to the GSS office – PLC 341.
For information about the optional UO Commencement Ceremony open to ALL majors on Monday, June 17, from 9:00 am – 11:00 am at the Matthew Knight Arena, click here.